How to become an Instagram blogger
You signed up on Instagram almost as a “game”, but now you are seriously thinking of taking advantage of the photographic social network to talk about topics that interest you closely and that could even make you money doing what you like best: sharing your experiences more beautiful with other people. If that’s the case, then you obviously want to know how to become an Instagram blogger. Did I guess? Well: here you will find information that will be useful for transforming your passions into a possible job opportunity.
Clearly, to succeed in your intent, you must understand what kind of Instagram blogger to become and, therefore, what topics to propose to the audience that follows your profile: once this is done, you will have to implement strategies aimed at increasing the number of people who follow you. , so that we can attract companies and brands to collaborate with you.
However long the road to go may be, I encourage you to try it: with a bit of luck and, above all, a lot of effort, you might be able to complete your “business”. If you are ready to start, make yourself comfortable, take all the time you need to concentrate on reading the next paragraphs and try to implement the “tips” I will give you. There is nothing left for me to do but wish you good reading and, above all, wish you good luck with everything!
Before explaining how to become an Instagram blogger, you need to know what preliminary steps you need to do before you can do this. To begin with, you need to be subscribed to Instagram. If you have not yet created an account on the famous photographic social network, now is the time to run for cover.
Then you need to switch to a business account, so as to have the tools and functions through which to analyze the statistics of your account, sponsor content and, of course, add the word Blogger to your profile.
To proceed, start the Instagram app on your Android, iOS or Windows 10 device, log in to your account (if necessary), press the little man icon located at the bottom right, press the symbol (≡) placed in the top right and select Settings> Switch to a business account from the menu that appears on the side.
Then press the blue Continue button four times in a row and create a page to connect to your Instagram account or select the name of an existing page (if you have one ready for use). To conclude, press the Next button, check that the contact information is correct, select the ones you want to show on your corporate Instagram profile and press the Finish button first and then OK to complete the operation.
I remind you that the category of the Facebook page that you have decided to link to the latter will be displayed on the profile (if you have created one at the moment, you can choose the category you prefer). If you want to change it, press the Edit profile button, tap the Category item and, in the Choose a category menu, select People, while from the Subcategory menu, select the Blogger item, so as to make it appear immediately under your name.
Choose what kind of Instagram blogger to become
Choosing what kind of Instagram blogger to become will affect the type of content you publish and the companies with which you will be able to interact for any commercial collaborations. In making this choice, however, keep in mind above all your passions and the activities you like to talk about.
- Travel blogger – do you love to travel, visit new places, review hotels, holiday homes, hostels and similar places? In this case, you could exploit your passion for the world of travel in a real profession, so as to share the experiences made around the world with users who follow you on Instagram and, at the same time, earn something. Maybe you could also combine posts shared on Instagram with some articles published on your travel blog. If you want more information on how to start a travel blog, read the guide I linked to you.
- Food blogger – on social networks, including Instagram, food is one of the main protagonists. Recipes, dishes, restaurants, starred chefs … these are all “ingredients” that are of great interest to the public. If you too have a passion for food and want to use it to entertain the users who follow you on Instagram, you can try becoming a food blogger. Also, in this case, it would be advisable to start a food blog, so as to share recipes and/or in-depth reviews of restaurants and clubs of various kinds.
- Fashion blogger – are you passionate about the world of fashion and online shopping? Would you like to become an Instagram icon in these sectors? Even if the undertaking is anything but simple, this possibility should not be overlooked either.
- Tech blogger – is reviewing technology products your greatest passion? Does the hi-tech world fascinate you? If so, you may decide to become a tech blogger and share your passion for technology on Instagram.
Increase the number of followers
After choosing what type of blogger to become, you must also try to increase the number of followers, so as to make your profile more attractive to companies and brands that may be interested in collaborating with you to promote their products and services. Here are some strategies that might help you do this.
- Publish quality content regularly – the quality of content is an aspect that should not be underestimated if you want to increase the number of users who follow you on Instagram. Try to create posts that are captivating, well-researched, original and, above all, in line with the issues you usually face on the social network. If you are a travel blogger, for example, you could share posts to narrate your travel experiences and perhaps provide some advice on places to visit when you go to a certain tourist location. Clearly, you can choose to do this by sharing both “traditional” posts and Stories and, when you have the opportunity to do so, even with lives.
- Using hashtags correctly – hashtags, i.e. words and phrases preceded by the # symbol on social networks, offer the possibility of increasing the degree of visibility of the contents posted on Instagram, as their function is to categorize images and make them appear in the internal search engine of the platform. In choosing the hashtags, I invite you to use the most popular ones of the moment (perhaps helping you with solutions such as Top Hashtag, Websta, HashTags for Instagram, Top Tags, etc.) and, of course, also those most suited to the content of the photo or video posted.
- Analyzing the statistics – as I mentioned in the opening chapter of this guide, after switching to a company profile, you can access numerous statistical data that can provide you with a “snapshot” of your account. By analyzing this data it is possible to get to know your audience better, understand what types of content work best and possibly the changes to be made to be more successful.
Clearly, while applying the tips I just gave you, it will take some time before you see a significant increase in the number of users who follow you. I recommend: do not make the mistake of giving up and try to work hard to achieve the goals you have set yourself to achieve.
If you would like some other advice on how to get more followers on Instagram, please read the guide I have dedicated to the topic: there you will find other information that will certainly be of great help in increasing your popularity on this social network.
Collaborate with famous companies and brands
If you are reading this point of the guide, you are obviously interested in collaborating with famous companies and brands, so as to transform your blogging activity on Instagram into a potential source of income. If this is the case, you must first find a brand with which to start a commercial collaboration. The advice I want to give you is to find one that is as close as possible to your “world”, so as to propose content that is still interesting for your audience, despite being sponsored.
For example, if you are a travel blogger, it would be better to sponsor a service offered by a certain travel company rather than a sugary drink, which, on the other hand, could be a good product to advertise if you are a food blogger. To propose a collaboration to a company, I recommend that you first look for its profile on Instagram, follow it and send it a direct message in which you propose the collaboration (if the email dedicated to commercial collaborations is indicated on the profile, it is better to use the latter).
If a company decides to collaborate with you, when you publish content that has to do with collaboration, inform your users using one of the following hashtags: #ad, #adv, #sp or #sponsored.